Tomorrow begins July and the later half of the year. I started this blog in search of finding balance in my life. I think I am actually getting there! Sure, I have a long way to go. But I am content with the choices I am making and the direction I am going in. In fact, I am happier than I have been in quite some time. As my days of full-time employment wind down, my head seems less clogged. It has been a wonderful change not to be multitasking at every waking moment of the day. (this might just be due to the kids being with my in-laws though)
So what are my hopes and plans for the coming year:
- Be present with my children more! Now that I have more time to spend with them, I don’t want to be distracted all the time.
- Focus on minimalism and enjoying the things in life that are free.
- Having a savings plan for retirement and in-case-of-job-loss, but not become overwhelmingly focused on money and material things.
- Practice yoga every day.
- Find simple ways of celebrating my husband and our 10 years of marriage.
- Develop a social support system for myself and my family through meaningful friendships.
I am really looking forward to having greater balance in my life! I hope you continue on this journey with me.