It’s the beginning of September and I have decided to recharge myself through this blog. When we last met, I was entering a new phase of being a part-time employee and an “even fuller-time” mom. I was both excited and nervous about this new chapter. As I just finished up my first month of our new schedule, I am getting a clear sense of the pros and cons of this situation. First the pros:
- I absolutely love having more time for my family. Three days a week, I get to be one of those “cool moms” that picks their kids up when school actually ends. (I am saying the “cool” part with much sarcasm. While I do enjoy it, I totally understand that its not possible for all parents.)
- I am really enjoying a new work atmosphere and learning new skills which proves I was at my old job too long.
- I feel less overwhelmed on a day to day basis. Yes, scheduling takes a little more thought, but its nothing like it used to be!
- I have suddenly become horrible at finances. I think we have not adjusted our spending to reflect our significant drop income.
- My “me time” has evaporated. I am not sure how or why this has happened, but I am finding that I have stopped doing yoga, blogging and doing the things I enjoy.
I have decided to get back to me and start blogging again for personal and financial balance!
Its good to be back!
I can’t believe this is my first post for the month of July! Life has kept me busy with all of its changes. I am still adjusting to everything, but feeling extremely happy and grateful for the direction it seems to be taking. This is my first week as a part-time employee. I am enjoying the freedom it has given me. I have been spending personal time reflecting on this life. It seems like I have gotten news of deaths of acquaintances and friends of friends. While only slightly affecting knowing that their loved ones are missing them, I have been thinking about how I can live my life more fully. I have been exploring personal spiritually (not gotten too far with it), but I am trying to use it to find more peace in my life. I have get to face the reduction in our household budget (that will take place in August). While I am nervous about it, I have not let it consume me as I definitely could let it.
July has been great and I hope it continues to be peaceful. Wishing you peace as well!
Tomorrow begins July and the later half of the year. I started this blog in search of finding balance in my life. I think I am actually getting there! Sure, I have a long way to go. But I am content with the choices I am making and the direction I am going in. In fact, I am happier than I have been in quite some time. As my days of full-time employment wind down, my head seems less clogged. It has been a wonderful change not to be multitasking at every waking moment of the day. (this might just be due to the kids being with my in-laws though)
So what are my hopes and plans for the coming year:
- Be present with my children more! Now that I have more time to spend with them, I don’t want to be distracted all the time.
- Focus on minimalism and enjoying the things in life that are free.
- Having a savings plan for retirement and in-case-of-job-loss, but not become overwhelmingly focused on money and material things.
- Practice yoga every day.
- Find simple ways of celebrating my husband and our 10 years of marriage.
- Develop a social support system for myself and my family through meaningful friendships.
I am really looking forward to having greater balance in my life! I hope you continue on this journey with me.